Friday, July 30, 2010

Its finally Friday and....

My girls are here. Both of them. Running together, playing together, quite possibly destroying the house together. Its the most beautiful noise in the world to me. I wish I could bottle it, take it with me. The laughter, the bargaining, the arguments, the compromise, all of it. They are beautiful people.

I once thought that life could never be so simple again, and perhaps it cant. However, the principles remain the same. Love others regardless of what they have done to you. Forget the arguments quickly because they wont make a difference in the end. Enjoy everything, even a cardboard box can be exciting. And compromise doesn't mean you lost, it means you both win a little.

My girls are daily reminders of what's really important. They make me strong, they make me decisive, they give me direction, they make me a better person. I don't know where I would be without them. Caitlin's grandmother looked at her father and me when Caitlin was still very small and jokingly said, "She's going to end up raising the two of you." It was a joke and no harm was meant, but all these years later, it has stayed with me, and how true it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment