Tuesday, May 4, 2010

One day at a time.....

I don't have much to add today, but I feel compelled to update anyway. We have gotten news that since the weather has eased up that they will commence controlled burns of the oil in the gulf....I am concerned about this, as the last time they did it, we could smell it in our back yard. I am all about preventing this mess from reaching the shore and containing it by whatever means possible, but geez is it ever inconvenient. Ive been monitoring the air quality at airnow.gov so we will see what goes on throughout the next few hours.

I am grateful today. Grateful for how healthy Natalie remains. Despite our frequent antibiotics this cold and flu season, she has recovered and is doing well. She doesn't want to do her vest treatments anymore, she states quite adamantly, "But Mommy, I all better now!!" Its hard to explain to her that CF doesn't go away, she cant feel it, she's not coughing, she doesn't understand preventative measures....but I try just the same. She is such a sweet child.

Caitlin is well, happy, and dancing away. I never thought that she would be one to get into ballet, tap, and jazz...but she has gone head first into it and cannot wait for her recital next year, we started too late in the year for them to participate this time, but next year, it is soooo on.

This summer brings a new issue of "what to do now?" I'm thinking of swimming classes for the two of them. Caitlin has been a little fish since she was old enough to get into a pool and though Natalie has not had her same exposure, she loves the water just the same. We HAD a trip to the beach planned for when school gets out, but that is now on hold seeing as how there is a 3k sq mile oil slick roaming around....anyway, I mentioned the idea to Caitlin and she seemed to love it, so I have to get some info but looks like that is going to be the activity of choice.

So I hope everyone is having a blessed week. We are counting our blessings here in LA despite the frequent mishaps. There is an opportunity in every terrible happening to see God's grace, and how grateful I am. As my grandmother used to say quite frequently, But for the grace of God go I, and how true it is. ~Juli

No comments:

Post a Comment