Thursday, May 20, 2010

Awards and quicksand......




Its nearly the last day of school and so that means its time for awards programs. The teachers were only allowed to pick 3 students to receive awards, and Caitlin received the citizenship award. I'm so proud! It was a nice morning and it was lovely to see that others recognize what a sweet, helpful, caring child she is.

Natalie has been invaded by bacteria once again :(....we're talking the works, sinusitis, conjunctivitis, laryngitis, bilateral ear infections with a cyst in her left ear....UGH!!! So hello again antibiotics....didn't miss you, and sorry to see you're back :( Her pediatrician thinks its a result of uncontrolled allergies which I find hard to believe. She is on Periactin twice per day, its used for its side effect of increased appetite, but its actually an antihistamine....go figure. So we're going to start back on Claritin, Nasonex, plus her antibiotics and see how it goes.....

Off to a staff meeting this afternoon....work is relentless. I was going to wait until Natalie got into school to go ahead and start the process of getting my BSN, but the God's honest truth is that there is no time like the present, so I'm going to be a big girl and just jump into it, and I'm going to be a baby and make my little sister go with me to apply and put my paperwork together :)

One thing that I learned from my ex-husband that I am forever grateful for is that you should equate life to quicksand, if you're not moving, changing, growing, improving, or learning as an individual, you're sinking....and I don't plan on sinking anytime soon.

Peace and love to you and yours this lovely day ~J

No comments:

Post a Comment