Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A blog post each day through the end of the year....

I'm trying to get back into the habit of being here, so I'm challenging myself to write an entry every day until the end of the year. Just a little disclaimer, weekends don't count....you already know why. Its not for a lack of time or a lack of caring that I haven't posted, I've just been so incredibly tired lately. Last night is a good example of why.

My other half has been away with training for work each week for the past few weeks, Monday through Friday. This wouldn't be so bad if I didn't work 16 hour shifts on Saturday and Sunday. So as of right now, we are working exact opposite schedules and he's not even home in the evenings. If he were home in the evenings, that would probably make things easier as well.......However, he's not....but I'm not going to whine about it......much. Getting to my point.....

When he isn't home, I don't feel compelled to get in my bed. Its almost more comfortable (especially lately) to just sleep on the sofa. So last night, as usual, I didn't make the trek to the bed.....I just stayed put. I finally passed out somewhere before the infomercials but after all of the good programming had come and gone for the night.

I got about two good hours in when the nightmares started. Nightmare, wake up, readjust, roll over, go back to sleep, rinse and repeat.

Finally at about 4 am I woke up in tears, sent a text to my other half apologizing for every personality flaw that had been highlighted in my head for the past couple of hours, cried for a while because I'm a wuss and hormones make me crazy and then decided that maybe the sofa was cursed for the night and stumbled to bed.

Cue Natalie.

Her cough wakes me up and I stumble back out to the kitchen, start filling nebulizer cups and find a comfortable seat next to her so the whir of the nebulizer machine can put us both back to sleep.

Sleep. Cough. Wake. Reposition. Sleep. Cough. Wake. Reposition.

I think it's nap time.

All of my best. ~j

No comments:

Post a Comment